Sunday, May 11, 2008

Planning That Wedding

I wish I loved the knot because it is such a fantastic resource, but the site is slow (page load speeds are ridiculous), it's riddled with ads, and it is really impossible to navigate. The one thing I do like about the site are the knottie bios, and I will freely admit to having some major bio jealously (knottie vintageglam for example).

In my first step towards creating my own bio, I started my planning page today. I love my blog, but it's a little hard to keep up with everything I am planning, and the planning page is a great way to see how things are coming together visually. There isn't a lot on it yet, but as I start making final decisions, it should grow and become a great way for me to get a comprehensive look at the type of party I am planning.

Visit it at planningthatwedding.googlepages.com

Do you have a planning page you would like to share?

10 comments:

Cate Subrosa said...

Thanks for sharing those links. I'm using googlepages for our wedding website but as I'm anon I can't really share :(

Jenna said...

guilty-No problem. It's a little difficult because I am not anon, but Swayzie wants to be, so I have to make sure that every photo I put up has his face obscured in some way. He's so silly.

122LOVESME said...

I plan to use Googlepages for our wedding website too. Gotta love Google.

I love our venue too! It'll be fun to walk around town for a while with our photographer following behind. Should be some great photo-ops.

Erin said...

I feel exactly the same way about The Knot.

Emily said...

the dress! Lovely Jenna!

Angel said...

Yeah, I just recently jumped back on the local Knot boards, but then I found out today that Weddingbee has added local boards...yay! I think I'm the only post on there so far, but it's a lot easier to navigate, although I'm still trying to figure out if you can post two websites on the same line.

Naturally Blessed said...

i'm doing the exact same thing! i started mine very late at nite, so it has nothing but a title....but i hope to get that up and rolling in a week or soo....i'll definitely list the link on my site once its together.

be careful! much love you way!!!!

Jenna said...

122-I think I am going to use another resource for a wedding website for our guests (which I won't share with the entire web), but this free option works great during the planning process.

erin-I know there are even more brides who feel this way. I wish we could do something about it.

angel-I was so excited when I saw that announcement. It will take a little while for it to get off the ground, but it will run so much smoother!

lady t-Thanks dear!

Big Shot said...

I agree about the The Knot! Did you check out that site I used for table seating? Wedding Wire?

Jenna said...

big shot-If my fiance can't build me something amazing using his fantastic consultant skills to build me some type of database to manage this with I just might have to.