Monday, March 17, 2008

Miss Flamingo is My Hero

The first thing I need to do in this whole process is nail down a budget. I have been stalking wedding blogs for months and I still don't think I understood how much this wedding was going to cost until I sat down and crunched some numbers. I don't know how I would have even attempted this process without the help of Miss Flamingo's fabulous Wedding Budget in Excel.


I took a class in Excel once, but since I never use the program I can't remember anything. So I rely on other people to do the work for me. This budget has every category you could ever think of, and all of the formulas are entered to help you calculate your estimated spending, actual spending, and the difference. I created an "Ideal" budget, which might possibly make my Dad have a heart attack upon reveleaing, so I think I need to create a "Penny Pinching" budget as well. Then shoot for something in between the two options. I think it should be pretty accurate since I have contacted basically every vendor in Seattle already to get a good idea of how much things cost.

How did you go about figuring out how much the wedding would cost? What did you use to keep track of your spending?

3 comments:

Chitown Wife said...

Hello Jenna! Welcome to the wedding blog world. I have been sort of in the same boat - I started out with a penny pincher one and then freaked when I realized I was going to have to spend a little more for the vendors that I want. Now I can say I am right smack in the middle - not over budget but definitely above my first penny pincher budget!

Jenna said...

chitown-thanks for saying hello, you are one of my favorite bloggers! I hope to be able to come up with a budget that allows me to look back on my wedding day with fond memories while not feeling disgusted about how much it cost.

Amy@Fiancé Meeting You Here said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I'm definitely gonna make use of it!