Friday, July 18, 2008

A Letter to You, Dear Reader

I would like to apologize to each and every one of you who have been faithfully commenting for months now, while enduring the blinding torture of entering in the word verification symbols each time.

After one of my favorite e-friends, Guilty, posted her rallying cry concerning the decimation of such an evil practice, I smugly commented on her post to tell her that I agreed and looked down upon those who engaged in such practices. Imagine my horror when I visited the post once again to discover that she had replied to my comment to inform me that *gasp* I did indeed have word verification enabled.

I wanted to protest, to scream and cry out NOOOOO, but a speedy perusal of my settings page revealed the filthy horrific truth. A few tears were shed, changes were made, and you, my dearest readers, can now comment away to your hearts content.

So please my friends, listen to Guilty. Learn from my mistakes. Exterminate this blogging curse from the land.

Guilty, I hope the love between us will only continue to blossom from this time forth.

All the best,

That (word-verification-free) Bride

7 comments:

CaliOC said...

Hello, my name is calioc, and I too have been using word verification. Thanks to Guilty's intervention I have now become word verification free.

Tiffany said...

Now that is what you call magic! ;)

Kelli Nicole said...

Lol. Well, I have word verification because I have had several spammers comment on my blog with links and people dumb enough (ahem, particularly my mother, who is usually quite computer savvy) to click on them (they are kinda tricky and manipulative in how they say it though). I tried the other option, which is to have me read the comments before they're posted because I thought work verification was annoying, but I got bad feedback on that because people wanted to see what they posted (someone posted the same thing 3 times before they figured it out).

So, word verification it is, to keep my readers safe from evil spammers. Hope you have better luck with them :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i'm with kelli. i had the same issue. one day i had 3 spammy comments. horrible and UGLY! i'm keeping it for a while... i'm sorry!!! please continue to leave me some blog love.

Ellen Mint said...

I've been random letter free the whole time. Luckily no spammers care enough to attack me aside from once.

Cate Subrosa said...

Ha ha - Jenna you're so funny! And sweet :)

Congratulations on your epiphany. Once again let me tell you how wonderful it is to comment here so easily too - woot!

But above all, thanks for spreading the word, continuing the campaign...

I hope you're putting that phase behind you now and moving on with your blogging life.

And I'm sure that love will continue to blossom, girl... forever yours,

Guilty

Jenna said...

kelli-I think it makes a difference on professional sites. On my silly little personal blog it hopefully will be okay.

blue eyed-I like you to much to ever ditch you over the word verification :)