Saturday, September 27, 2008

The "After" Shoot

It took a few months of finagling, but I was finally able to nail down a "week-after" photo-shoot with That Mother for the Thursday after the wedding. I wasn't sure it if could happen since she has the huge task of assembling our hometown reception 2 days later. I won't be there to help them set up and tear down this event for 150-200 people, so I know that she will be insanely busy trying to get everything coordinated. It's a huge thing I am asking her to do, but we don't have much time for couple portraits on the wedding day so this is the best way to fit them in, and there is also something to be said about having wedding portraits taken by your own Mom hanging up in your house.

We won't even have to leave the honeymoon site, as we plan on having them taken at Cave B Inn. I'm sure we will spend a few minutes holding hands, wandering through the (frost covered) vineyards. Ironic that we don't drink wine, isn't it?



I've always been a fan of photos that juxtapose things, (as Mrs. Toucan showed us) and I am so in love with the idea of these sweeping grand photos with a bride and groom poised right in the middle of them. A fisheye lens could do some pretty amazing things with the Columbia River Gorge in the background.



I'll be wearing tennis shoes underneath my dress so we can hike down to these patches of green along the prairie down below. I would love to even make it all the way down to the water, as there is an old stove, a burned out car, etc sitting down there, but it's quite a hike and I am going to be wearing my dress for the reception 2 nights later.....




Who else is doing an "after" shoot? Where are you having yours done?

3 comments:

Allison said...

We did a before shoot. We didn't have time to take too many pictures on our wedding day either so we went to the temple grounds about two weeks before the wedding and took all of our couple pictures so we didn't have to do any that day. Pictures at the temple took 15 minutes just to get families and friends. It was the best thing I did for my whole wedding. But, I believe (if I am remembering correctly) that you don't want That Groom to see the dress beforehand so that wouldn't really work for you. Good luck Jenna! It's coming up! And, I really liked your post about focusing on the marriage vs the wedding. That really is the most important part. :)

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I definitely want to do an "after" shoot b/c i know the day of will be crazy. I haven't had time to brainstorm, so i love all the ideas you've put up thus far, keep 'em coming - you can never have too many great wedding ideas!

Whitney R said...

I would have loved to do an after shoot.

And it's so funny because I'm pretty sure I know where you are taking those. :)

I love seeing pictures of home. I miss it.