Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Your Amazing Personal Travel Assistant

I stumbled across this tiny article in Brides magazine today, and ran right home and composed an email to That Groom in an attempt to nudge him towards some honeymoon planning excitement. I am really excited to give this website a try. It's called Yapta, and instead of attempting to describe it myself, I thought I would just let you read Elaine Stuart's own words (she wrote the article in the magazine, I am all about giving credit where credit is due).


Say you buy jeans at Gap, and they go on sale the next week; savvy shoppers know they can get a refund for the difference. The airlines' little secret is that they, too, honor this policy if you purchase tickets through their Web sites. But who has time to follow fluctuating fares for your honeymoon flight? Yapta lets you "tag" trips when researching online; the site then send you e-mail alerts if the prices drop. But what separates it from other sites with this feature is that it continues to track fares after you've bought tickets from an airlines. Forward your flight confirmation email to flights@yapta.com and the site will notify you if you're eligible for a voucher or refund shoudl the price you paid fall. But you have to have booked via the airline's site--not an online travel agent like Expedia or Orbits--to get the credit or cash back.
I have already tagged a few flights. I'll keep you guys updated with what happens. Let me know if this works for you!

2 comments:

One Love Photo said...

My friend was trying to explain Yapta to me....this article did a much better job! We fly often for my husband Jon's business. So we will be giving this a whirl! Thanks!

Jenna said...

onelove-So far it has been great! They don't send me 100 emails a day, which drives me crazy. I don't really like the little icon it put in my broswer, but I can live with it if I save some money.